OH-Con 2017 9th Age - 4500 point GT Rules - Final!
Revised on 22 Mar 17 (Rules Pack based on Rule set version found here)
This is a max 50 player - 2 day, 5 Game, 4500 Point Tournament. Army lists will follow all normal 9th Age Version 1.3. restrictions
Pre-registration for this event is $40. As we are moving to a new venue, we will not be having the standard Grab Bag at 2017's OhCon.
Saturday Schedule 6 May 2017:
9:00am-9:45am - Checkin
9:45am-10:00am Opening ceremonies
10:00am-12:30pm - Round 1
1:30pm - 4:00pm Round 2
4:00pm - 4:30pm Break
4:30pm - 7pm Round 3
7:00pm - Close of Hall - Other events and Open Gaming
Sunday Schedule 7 May 2017:
9:00am - 10:00am Checkin Day 2
10:00am - 12:30pm Round 4
12:30pm - 1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm - 4:00pm Round 5
4:00pm - 4:30pm Cleanup/Score Tallies
4:30pm - 5:00pm Awards
List Submission Deadline: There will be no List Submission deadline to play. List submission will be worth 10 points if turned in to either of the following two email addresses on or before April 23rd:
We will be using scenarios out of the 9th age Rule book. If you would like an idea of what the scenario and paint packs will look like check out these links to last year's setup:
Download OH Con Scenario Pack 2015 Final
There will be only one list with no side bar's for 2017.
Major Prizes: (Players cannot win 2 major prizes, but may win a major and a minor)
Best Painted (Voted by Judges)
Best Appearance (Voted by Players)
Close but not quite (Highest overall that did not qualify for any other major prize)
Rubber Mallet (Consolation Prize)
Materials Needed to participate
Each player is required to bring 7 Printed (Not handwritten) copies of their army list (One for the judges at Saturday's Registration and one for each opponent after your games) - The game room does have a printer, although they will charge you per the sheet!
You are required to bring your own materials needed to play - Dice, Markers, Spell cards, Rule Books, ect....
We just wanted to take a moment to stress that each player should bring everything they need to play. This means if you need materials - you should bring them. Tournament Organizers will not be providing any.
Army Restrictions and Requirements
- No army fielded during deployment may be more than 4500 points
- Armies "will not" be required to a minimum of 3 colors to play, but for paint, the entire army will be judged if it is not painted it will suffer in its paint score which does count towards the overall score. (Black on your bases doesn't count as a color)
- WYSIWYG - No Specific model line is required and conversions/other product lines are very encouraged. That being said - All Models must make sense! (A unit of Crossbows should not be proxied for great weapons).
- You Must indicate which lore each wizard will be using for the entire tournament in your list. In the event your wizard somehow can have spells from multiple lores, you must note each lore available to be chosen in your army list and tell your opponent at the beginning of the game which you have chosen.
- There will be no "Comp Score" for this event.
- While there is no "Comp Score" for this event, keep in mind that blatantly abusive lists could be rejected by Tournament organizers upon submission. (9th Age has fixed "Almost" all abusive issues, but there are still a few out there). This is for the sake of trying to provide all a fun and challenging event. If you have questions, please submit your to firstname.lastname@example.org early for review.
- We will be using The 9th Age rules and all current army lists released prior to Apr 23rd. No optional rules or experimental rules will be allowed.
TOTAL BATTLE WILL BE 62% OF YOUR OVERALL SCORE - (Battle will consist of VP difference, Primary (5 per battle) and Secondary objectives (5 per battle))
TOTAL SPORTS SCORE WILL BE 16% OF YOUR OVERALL SCORE -
TOTAL PAINT SCORE WILL BE 18% OF YOUR OVERALL SCORE -
THE FINAL 3% WILL BE BONUS POINTS LISTED BELOW -
- 10 points for Turning in your vote for Best Appearance after Day 1 Game 3's completion.
- 10 points for submitting your list by Apr 23rd 2017
Battle Points Scoring Chart
Difference Winner Loser
0-400 10 10
401-800 11 9
801-1200 12 8
1201-1600 13 7
1601-2000 14 6
2001+ 15 5
Available on request.